General Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Children’s Theatre Company (referred to hereinafter as ‘the CTC’ & incorporates CTC Management; CTC Lamda, CTC Foundation College).
Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of the CTC and its staff.
1) CONSENT: Parent/Guardian where applicable gives consent for applicant(s) to attend and participate accordingly.
2) PAYMENT TERMS: CTC Foundation (full-time training); Academy (part-time classes / workshops); Lamda; Management (agency); and Events (productions / parties/corporate events) – Payment terms: Preferred method via Bank Transfer or Cash. An application will only be deemed as valid if accompanied by the relevant payment / transfer of the required deposit/full fees as applicable. A non- refundable deposit per applicant is required to book a Foundation / Academy membership place – any remaining balance to be settled on or before the first day of the class/workshop/rehearsal. Receipt of application and confirmation of deposit or any monies paid at the time of booking will be confirmed in writing (email / letter / text) along with details for participation and acceptance of any applicant(s) is not confirmed until such confirmation has been sent.
2b) CONFIRMATION: Written confirmation from the CTC (of an application) confirming that an applicant(s) has gained a place establishes a contract and will be deemed legally binding thereof.
2c) CANCELLATION: Academy – one half term or equivalent written notice is required to cancel and withdraw any enrolment/registration. Note that once enrolled on any class for a term this registration will automatically roll on and follow through to the next term unless such notice is received and acknowledged accordingly. CTC reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to one full term due to non-compliance e.g. failure to provide such written notice.
2d) PAYMENT OF FEES: Generally fees for the Academy classes are due at the beginning of each term or by the first half term at the very latest unless paying via instalments in which case separate arrangements will be recorded. Fees are non refundable, non attendance does not warrant a refund and no fees can roll over to the next term. We reserve the right to apply simple interest amounting to 8% above the Bank of England base rate on any amount that is more than one calendar month overdue. This interest will be calculated on a daily basis from the date the payment fell due until the date that cleared funds are received.
3) UNIFORM: The CTC encourages all participants to wear its uniform, to all classes/workshops/rehearsals and where applicable or any other relevant event whereby to represent the company. Orders with payment for any uniform items must be placed in advance of the first term for the Foundation course and for the Academy by the end of the participant’s first half term at the very latest.
4) CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The CTC reserves the right to make changes to times/dates and delivery method of workshops/classes/rehearsals/events. Such changes shall only occur if deemed absolutely necessary due to circumstances out of the CTC’s control, eg act of god, UK government and health and safety compliance and no other course of action can be taken. Under such circumstances CTC will switch to online digital delivery for all classes/workshops/rehearsals, membership will remain continuous and Fees remain non-refundable.
5) PARTICIPATION: Participants whom engage in CTC activities do so at their own risk and are obligated to inform the CTC and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
6) LIABILITY: The CTC cannot accept liability for loss or damage to belongings of participants and/or visiting persons.
7) GDPR COMPLIANCE: Any personal information provided to CTC will be ‘processed’ in accordance with the terms defined in the Data Protection Act 1988/ GDPR 2018, no personal information will be shared with any third party unless it is a legal requirement to do so. Such information shall be for the purposes of administration, research, the provision of performance (public or otherwise in drama, singing, movement and dance). The CTC may use this information for its own marketing purposes. Further, the CTC recognises the need to ensure the welfare and safety of all young people in performance related activities therefore will take all the necessary steps to ensure any images taken will be used solely for the purposes they are intended and by submitting an application you agree the named applicant(s) may engage in photography and video for the CTC’s online, website, social media and physical promotional/marketing purposes.
8) WEBSITE COMPLIANCE: You agree to abide by any additional restrictions displayed on the company website, as images and text may be updated from time to time. More specifically the CTC website including all materials, is copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Accordingly, any unauthorised use and/or copying of materials is strictly forbidden. Furthermore, CTC website, its pages, documents and all related information is provided by the CTC and may be used for information purposes only. By using the site or downloading allowable materials you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth above in this notice. If you do not agree to abide by these terms and conditions, do not use this site or download materials from this site. Any such use is unauthorised.
9) EXTERNAL PERFORMANCES: CTC fully support CTC Academy and Company members participating in performances outside CTC to gain valuable experience however such performances must not interfere with commitment to CTC. Aside from school productions CTC members shall not endeavour to commit to other Christmas, Spring term and/or Open Season productions which will directly impact with any CTC event. Please note: CTC Foundation students are not permitted to perform in productions outside of CTC during their training.
10) CTC MANAGEMENT: The CTC Management currently acts as a sole representation agency for children/young performers from 3-25 years. We actively source professional performance opportunities for registered children/young performers/models and The CTC are also sourced for such opportunities by representatives of various personnel to include TV/Film/Commercials/Theatre/Radio casting directors and other related organisations/personnel. Under our sole representation terms the CTC shall negotiate all contract terms to include all fees payable; where such opportunities as a result progress to a paid contract either through the CTC and or by any other independent means to include any performance work secured by the represented themselves, the CTC is exclusively entitled to a commission payment, currently of a total sum equal to 20% of the total contract worth, throughout the term of the contract to include additional role-on/renewal contracts/buyouts.
10.1) Acceptance/Fees payable: Any child/young performer accepted onto CTC Management books; fees payable to Spotlight amount to an annual subscription fee, for inclusion in the Spotlight Directory, the UK’s professional performer’s directory and in addition an annual CTC administration fee. CTC will notify existing members of any increase prior to renewal.
11) CTC FOUNDATION: Application process – applying for our Foundation course is via an audition process. Upon completion of an audition application form you are deemed to agree our General Terms and Conditions set out herewith.
11.1) Offer and Acceptance: Following a successful audition process a written Formal Offer will be made via email and/or post, requesting £500.00 (International Applicants £1250.00) non- refundable deposit payment to secure a place. Upon receipt of the deposit payment, you are bound contractually to CTC Ltd to pay all remaining fees as set out in our formal confirmation letter, whether this be payment in full or an agreed instalment plan, fees must be paid in entirety. If you change your mind, you have the right to cancel your contract within 14 days from the day of which you paid your deposit. If you choose to withdraw outside of the 14 day right to cancel period prior to the course commencing, you will forfeit one full term’s fees, note this will equate to one third of full course fees.
11.1b) “Notwithstanding anything to the contrary” If you choose to withdraw outside of the 14 day right to cancel period prior to the course commencing and you are a recipient of a Scholarship, you will forfeit full course fees as well as any additional CTC funding offered.
11.2) Fees: Once agreed are non-negotiable and must be paid regardless of circumstances that may prevent completion of the one year Foundation course. Non-show applicants will forfeit one full term’s fees; withdrawal during the course full course fees must be paid. Whereby circumstances are deemed by CTC Ltd as exceptional eg Medical that prevent completion of the course in one year completion will be deferred accordingly. We reserve the right to apply interest amounting to 8% above the Bank of England base rate on any amount that is more than one calendar month overdue.
11.3) Changes to delivery of foundation timetable: The CTC reserves the right to make changes to times/dates and delivery method of all timetabled classes/workshops/rehearsals/events. Such changes shall only occur if deemed absolutely necessary due to circumstances out of the CTC’s control, eg act of god, UK government / health and safety compliance / legally compelled to do so and no other course of action can be taken. Under such circumstances CTC will switch to online digital delivery for classes/workshops/rehearsals. Fees remain non-refundable.
1) All students participating in any of CTC’s pre-recorded, live or online classes do so entirely at their own risk and are advised to undertake an appropriate physical Warm Up before any dance activity. Whereupon live warm-ups are not available pre-recorded Guided Warm Up videos are accessible within the Digital Learning Platform (e-Academy).
2) I/Parents/Guardians are responsible for completing a health and safety risk assessment before any student takes part in any pre-recorded, live or online class.
2.1) I/Parents/Guardians must ensure there is a clear and adequately sized area for any student to carry out CTC activities eg dance/act/sing.
2.2) I/Parents/Guardians must ensure any animals, younger/siblings or anything else that could cause injury to the participating student or themselves are to be removed from the room whilst the student takes part in any of the pre recorded, live or online classes.
2.3) It is recommended that Parents/Guardians be present whilst their child is participating in CTC activities, for safety reasons.
3) Students must ensure they are wearing correct dance wear/shoes and that they are following the usual CTC’s hair and jewellery guidelines.
4) No photos, videos or any other recording, of any pre-recorded, live or online classes, that may include other students on the screen, may be taken at any time.
5) Access to CTC’s eAcademy classes is strictly for CTC members only, Parents/Guardians will receive login details for their child’s class via email once term fees have been received.
6) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are any of the CTC log on details, passwords, links, meetings, or classes to be shared, downloaded or recorded with students/adults either within or out of CTC Academy/CTC Lamda or CTC Foundation.
7) Should any injuries, incidents or accidents incur to anyone whilst taking part/following CTC’s online classes, activities or challenges, neither the Principal nor any other CTC Academy / Lamda & Foundation personnel can be held responsible. All those taking part do so at their own risk.
8). I/legal parent/guardian am aware that participating in physical activities to include dance involves inherent risks and hazards. I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers, and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, property damage, or loss resulting from such risks and hazards.
9). I/legal parent/guardian voluntarily agree to release CTC from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I or my next of kin, successors or dependents may suffer or incur as a result of use of the digital learning platform due to any cause whatsoever.
10). I/legal parent/guardian understand that CTC will not assume responsibility for any bodily or personal injury consisting of or arising out of any participation in any physical training or athletic activity included within the digital learning platform.
By submitting an application form online, by post or by hand to the CTC you are deemed to consent to all the above terms & conditions, our privacy notice and agree all terms as set our herewith.
We reserve the right to negotiate with the structure of these Terms and Conditions from time to time.